With Innovative Non-Contact Gap Sensing Technology
The Advanced Sensor Design “MFT” Mud Flow Transmitter is an innovative vane-type (paddle) meter that measures mud flow through the drilling mud inflow or outflow pipe. It mounts on the inflow or outflow line with the vane immersed into the mud flow.
Features and Benefits
- MFT Mud Flow Transmitter allows inline flow measurement of drilling mud, slurry, cement and completion fluids at the inflow or outflow points of the trip tank
- Mounted in pipe; interchangeable with most industry flow meters
- Low power integrated gap sensor with integrated display can be installed in hazardous locations
- SS316 construction for rugged, high shock and vibration applications
- 2 Wire, 4-20mA output signal
- Field repairable
- Pending certification to ATEX EEx ia IIC T4/T6, UL and CSA are pending approval for Class 1, Division 1, Groups A-D for Intrinsic Safety
Mud Flow Transmitter Part Number Specifications
|Description||North American style – Mechanical Flow Transmitter; Non-Contact Gap Sensing Technique||MFT|
|Application||Drilling Mud in Pipe: S.G. = 0 to 3.0 (1.0 – H2O)||MUD|
|Enclosure Style||316 Stainless Steel – Fabricated Housing; IP66 rated||EB|
|Electrical Connection||M12 Male: 4 pin DIN Style||M12|
|Output-Communications||4-20mA; (28mA maximum)
4-20mA; HART protocol (future)
|Hazardous Location Approvals||CSA – Cl. 1, Div. 1, Grp. A, B, C, D – Intrinsic Safety (pd)
UL – Cl. 1, Div. 1, Grp. A, B, C, D _ Intrinsic Safety
CENELEC ATEX – EEx ia llC T6 – Intrinsic Safety
NEPSI – EEx ia llC T6 – Intrinsic Safety (pending)
What makes the Advanced Sensor Design MFT unique and beneficial is the use of a cam that varies in distance from a fixed non-contact measurement sensor as the paddle is displaced by the variable mud flow. The gap variation between sensor and cam is measured electronically, linearized, and calibrated for mud flow rate.
The packaging of the Advanced Sensor Design MFT is rugged and durable. Our design eliminates the problems normally associated with vane-type flow meters, namely the mechanical linkage with a potentiometer or encoder. The low power gap sensor is rated for hazardous locations with ATEX pending for intrinsic safety areas according to EEX ia IIC T4/T6, and UL and CSA pending for Class 1, Divsion 1, Groups A-D intrinsic safety areas according to NEC Article 505.